What is accessibility?
Accessibility is the ability of a Web page that allows it to be used, visited by all people and / or in addition, that access to information is easy in general for everyone, and especially for those who have some type of disability. The main objective of the accessibility is to facilitate the navigation by users. To this end, the contents are designed taking into account the access with different browsers, devices, etc. and also, these contents are structured to be clearer and structured.
How it is achieved
To achieve this goal, the following standards have been applied:
Separation between code and presentation based on W3C standards:
- Guidelines of the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) version 1.0, published by the Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI) (W3C).
Among the features used, the following are included:
This portal is displayed in a practically identical manner in Mozilla Firefox and IExplorer, being designed with style sheets that meet standard CSS 3.
- This portal is displayed correctly on 1024x780 and higher.
- In all images, buttons, graphics and multimedia objects equivalent texts have been provided, giving information about their content.
- All information transmitted in images through the colours is completely understandable without colour.
- The colour combinations of the texts and backgrounds have enough contrast to be perceived by users with deficiencies in colour perception or with monochromatic screens.
- The user is allowed to increase the letter size from the page itself, thus avoiding leaving that option to the availability of the browser.
- The pages comply with the specifications for CSS, HTML 5. The level of accessibility is AA T.A.W., being on the AAA cover of T.A.W.
- On all pages there is a contextual path that will help the user to recognize which section is within the web at all times.
- All tables have a corresponding title of their contents.
- As far as possible, the opening of new browser windows is avoided, and in the event that this is the case, the following icon will indicate that this information will open in a new window.
- All forms have a default value that helps the user to recognize the type of information that must be inserted.
- The portal has been developed by optimizing the size of the icons and images so that users with slow connections do not have any problem in accessing the information.